Strong Workforce funds will be used to start Certificate and Degree Programs in Welding at Chaffey College as there is high demand by our Inland Empire Region 9 industry partners for employees with welding skills.
We will use the funds to:
1. Purchase equipment
2. Create curriculum
3. Provide professional development
4. Create partnerships with local high schools
5. Partner with local emplovers to assist students/graduates with gainful employment.
6. Hold annual advisory committee meetings with industry partners and local-area high schools to stay abreast of the industry's educational needs
7. Develop promotional campaigns to include collateral marketing materials, career fairs, and industry on-site career/education advancement sessions
8. Hire CTE counselors to assist students with their educational plans
CTE Assistant Dean, Administrative Assistant II, Research Analyst, and CTE Counselor(s):
This team consisting of a CTE Assistant Dean, an Administrative Assistant II, Research Analyst, and CTE Counselor(s) will aid our CTE programs by offering support and leadership in developing more and better CTE education.
These team members will provide support to increase efficiency of CTE programs and be involved with the tasks of developing, enhancing, retooling, and expanding quality CTE offerings that build upon the District’s capacity to ensure regional alignment of program and curricula.